Accepting Credit Card Payments
updated 14 days ago
To accept credit card payments on your TaxDome account, you’ll need to select a secure credit card processing service (Stripe, CPACharge, or both), then connect to it by providing your business information, some identification, and linking it to your bank account. To find out more about payment-processing fees, click here.
- Selecting a Default Provider
- Connecting With Stripe
- Registering on Stripe
- Connecting With CPACharge
- Disconnecting From Credit Card Processing Service
Selecting a Default Provider
While you have an option to connect both Stripe and CPACharge secure credit card processing services, it’s important to select the one that will be used by default for your firm’s bills. Please note the following:
- If you have connected both services but haven’t selected your default provider, the one that was connected first becomes the default.
- If you have disconnected the service that was set as your default, the one that is still connected becomes the default.
To change a provider, go to Settings, select Payments, then choose the preferred option from the drop-down menu.
Connecting With Stripe
To connect your TaxDome account with Stripe, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Payments, then click Connect with Stripe.
2. If you already have a Stripe account, click the Sign in link at the top right of the page, then enter your Stripe credentials.
3. Authorize TaxDome to access your account by clicking the Connect my Stripe account button.
Your TaxDome account will then be connected with Stripe and payment processing enabled.
Registering on Stripe
If you don’t have a Stripe account yet, you’ll have to register to enable payment processing on TaxDome. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Payment Processing, click Connect with Stripe, then fill the fields with all of the required information about your company. The information you provide will only be visible to you and and any other administrators of the account.
2. Select your country, enter your business address, then select the type of business.
3. Add the website address for your business as well as a description and any other necessary info.
4. Enter your personal details and job title.
5. Enter the credit card statement details for your business (e.g., the business name and customer support’s phone number). This information will appear on your clients’ credit card statements.
6. Enter your bank details. Stripe will use this information to send you your payments.
7. Enter your email address and create a Stripe password. You can also enable two-step authentication by providing your cell phone number. Click Authorize access to this account to finish the registration.
If the registration was successful, your TaxDome account will be connected with Stripe and payment processing enabled.
Connecting With CPACharge
To connect your TaxDome account with CPACharge, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Payments, then click CONNECT WITH CPACHARGE.
2. Enter your CPACharge credentials, then click SIGN IN.
3. Enter the validation code sent to your email, then click Confirm my browser.
4. If prompted, authorize TaxDome to access your account by clicking the Authorize button.
Your TaxDome account will then be connected with CPACharge and payment processing enabled.
Disconnecting From a Credit Card Processing Service
You can disconnect from Stripe or CPACharge at any point. For example, you may want to try a new credit card service provider. To do so, go to Settings in the left sidebar, select Payments in the menu bar, then click the DISCONNECT button below the name of the provider you want to disable.