By Mary Cooper
updated 10 days ago
Sometimes, you may need to issue a refund or cancel a payment. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to excellent customer service by refunding payments in a prompt and professional way. You can refund either all or part of a payment.
To refund a payment:
1. Go to either Billings > Payments, or Clients, click on the client's name, and then click on the Billings > Payments subtab.
2. Find the payment you wish to refund in the list and click on the arrow icon next to it.
3. A View Payment pop-up will be displayed. Click on the green Refund button in the bottom corner of the pop-up.
4. By default, the payment will be refunded in full. To refund only part of the payment, select Partial, and then enter the specific amount to be refunded. The total amount to be refunded will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Please note: When you return funds to your client, their TaxDome credit balance goes down. That means you can't refund more than the client currently has on their balance. So, to issue a refund for a higher amount, charge their balance with a promotional credit first.
5. Specify the reason for the refund.
6. Delete or edit the bills that were settled by the payment you are refunding. This step is optional, however, we strongly encourage that you edit these bills in order to keep your records accurate. To delete a bill, click on the red basket icon. To change the amount of a bill, click on the blue pencil icon, enter the new amount, then click Save. The adjusted total will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
7. Click Issue Refund.
Once the refund has been issued, the refund will be displayed on the Payments list.
Click on the arrow icon to see additional information about a payment. The refund history of the payment will be displayed at the right of the screen.
If the payment was partially refunded and you wish to refund the rest of the payment, you can issue a new refund by following the steps described above.