Here's what is covered in this article:
- Payments Section Overview
- Searching for a Payment
- Filtering the List of Payments
- Viewing Payment Information in More Detail
Payments Section Overview
Managing your payments can be tricky business, but not with TaxDome. Here, you’ll have access to an overview of all of your payments in one place, as well more specific information including payment details, customer information, etc. Go to the Billings, then open the Payments tab to see all your payments.
You can also access information about payments that have been made by the particular client and manage them by selecting the client and navigating to the Billings > Payments tab inside their profile.
Here you’ll find:
- # – Each payment has its own unique number in the system.
- DATE – The date on which the payment was made.
- AMOUNT – The amount of the payment.
- SYNC – A link to payment in QuickBooks (if you have setup a sync).
- SOURCE – Information about how the payment was made. For example, if a client paid online using a card, the source will be listed as Credit Card. If the client paid manually, the source will be listed as Manual Credit.
- CLIENT – The client who made the payment. You can click on the client’s name to instantly access their details.
- BILLS PAID – The bill number(s) for which the payment was made. You may click on the number to view the details of the bill.
- REFUND – If a payment has been refunded, you will see an amount here.
- DESCRIPTION – Typically, the description includes payment details. For manual payments, you can also see who created the payment.
The total number of payments, the total amount paid, refund amount, as well as total revenue (total amount minus refund amount) is displayed at the top of the list.
When viewing the payments page for a particular client, you can see the their outstanding bills and how many credits are available for them.
Searching for a Payment
To search for a payment by description, type a keyword into the Search field, then click Enter. The payments list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
Click the cross icon in the Search field to clear the search.
Filtering the List of Payments
Filters are useful when you need to view payments that meet a specific criteria. For example, filtering allows you to quickly find all payments made in a specified year. There are three ways of filtering payments:
- By client - See only the payments paid by a selected client.
- By time frame - See only the payments paid during the specified year.
- By source- See only the payments that were paid by credit card or added to the system manually.
To filter your list of payments, click the Filter button found above the list of payments, then select the desired filters and click Apply Filter. You may apply two or more filters simultaneously.
Once the filters are applied, the payments list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters. You may reset any of the applied filters. Click the Reset All button to clear all filters.
Viewing Payment Information in More Detail
To view more detailed information for a payment, click the arrow icon.