TaxDome MacOS Application
Our macOS application allows you to upload prepared forms and private client files directly from your desktop onto TaxDome. Once you launch the application and sign in, print your documents to TaxDome, drag-and-drop them from the desktop onto TaxDome, or select folders to upload many documents at once.
- Downloading and Installing the Application
- Launching and Signing in
- Using Biometric Authentication (Touch ID)
- Printing to TaxDome From any MacOS Application
- Uploading Documents
- Uploading Folders
- Bulk Uploading
- Right-Clicking to Send Documents the TaxDome Application
- Dragging-and-Dropping Files Using Finder
- Viewing Your Upload History
- Creating a TaxDome Drive
- Updating the Application
Downloading and Installing the Application
Current version: 4.2 released January, 25, 2020.
Compatibility: iOS 10.13 and higher.
To download the TaxDome macOS desktop application to your computer, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings in the left sidebar, then click the Download Mac App button in the Download Apps section.
2. Save the application .dmg file to the desired folder, e.g., Downloads.
3. Double-click on the .dmg application file to begin the installation. Drag-and-drop the TaxDome icon into the Applications folder.
Launching and Signing in
Once the TaxDome macOS application is installed, it will launch automatically on startup.
Note: If you don't want the application to launch automatically, click the three-dots icon on the top right and select Disable Launch at Login.
If the application is not launched automatically, you can start it directly from the Applications folder:
1. Double-click on the Applications folder and scroll down to find the TaxDome macOS application.
2. Select the TaxDome application and double-click on the TaxDome icon on the right.
3. This step verifies whether you’re downloading the program from a trusted source. Click the Open button.
To work in the TaxDome macOS application, first sign in to your TaxDome account.
1. Enter your firm’s TaxDome URL that you chose during registration (e.g., taxesbest.taxdome.com), email address, and TaxDome password.
Note: If you’re using a custom domain, don’t enter it here.
2. How long would you like to stay signed in? The default setting is eight hours, but you can choose a different amount of time.
3. Click the LOGIN button.
4. If you enabled two-factor authentication in your account, you’ll also need to verify your identity by entering an authentication code. Open Google Authenticator or the authentication app you are using, enter the code provided on your smartphone, then click VERIFY.
Note: The code in Google Authenticator changes every 30 seconds, so if TaxDome rejects it, enter the new one you see in the app.
If for some reason you can’t use Google Authenticator or a similar app, use the No access to application link to contact TaxDome’s support. We’ll be happy to help.
Using Biometric Authentication (Touch ID)
Once you’ve launched the application and signed in for the first time, you’ll be prompted to use biometric authentication (Touch ID). Or you can always set it up later by clicking the three-dots icon on the top right and selecting Enable Biometric Authorization.
Once you enable Biometric Authorization, every time you launch the TaxDome app, you won’t be required to enter your user credentials, unless you change your password. You’ll use the biometric scanner instead, which is faster than logging in.
If you enable Biometric Authorization and still want to log in with your password, click the Use Password... button. Alternatively, click the fingerprint icon to switch to Touch ID.
If you decide to turn off the biometric authorization, click the three-dots icon on the top right and select Disable Biometric Authorization.
Printing to TaxDome From any MacOS Application
You can print directly to the TaxDome macOS application from any program on your computer. Select File, then go to Print in the application of your choice, select TaxDome as the printer, then click Print.
The TaxDome application is then launched, and the document added to your printing queue. For more on in-app uploading, see Uploading Documents below.
Uploading documents with the TaxDome macOS application is straightforward, and we’ve made it especially convenient for you to upload a lot of docs from different clients at one time.
There are three ways to upload docs to the TaxDome macOS application using the + NEW button:
To upload a file from the TaxDome macOS app:
1. Click + NEW on the left, select File Upload, then select the files you want to upload.
2. Select the name of the client account you want to upload to.
3. That’s it! Click UPLOAD FILES to finish uploading the documents to TaxDome. You’ll see the uploading progress. Once the files have completed loading, they are available in the Docs/Private tab of the client’s profile. They won’t be visible to the client.
Plus, you can also...
- Edit the file name and add a description (up to 150 characters).
- Select another location for the files:
- Public: Documents here are visible to the client. See additional options below.
- Client’s Docs: Documents uploaded to TaxDome by clients or you on behalf of a client go here.
- Select the folder where you want to upload the document; documents are saved to the selected location. Click Change to select another folder. To create a new folder, click the blue folder icon, enter the folder name, click the green checkmark to the right, then сlick CHOOSE.
Additional Options When Uploading to the Public Section:
- Notify the client about a file upload. By default, the Inform client about upload? toggle is turned on. You can turn it off if you don’t want an automatic email notification about the upload to go out to the client. Note: This option is only for uploads to the Public location, not to Private or Client’s Docs.
- Request feedback from the client. If you would like to know whether your client is satisfied with the work or wants changes, turn on the Request client account approval? toggle.
- Request a signature from the client. Enable Request signature? if you want your client to e-sign the document. For more details on adding signature fields, go here.
- Lock a document to a bill. Enable Lock this document to an unpaid bill if you want the document to be visible to the client but not available for download until the bill is paid. Once it’s paid, the document is automatically unlocked. From the list, select the bill you want to lock the document to or click CREATE NEW BILL to create a new one, then сlick CHOOSE.
To speed things up, the TaxDome macOS application lets you upload folders containing multiple client documents. To add a folder, click the NEW button, select Folder Upload, then choose the folder you want to upload. Continue as described above. It’s the same as uploading one document at a time but much faster.
When uploading folders, note:
TaxDome processes all documents found in the selected folder as well as in all its subfolders.
Some file types are not allowed. To learn more, see Disallowed File Types.
You will get to provide details for each document in your folder and subfolders.
You can’t select several folders at once. If you need to upload documents from several different folders, use the UPLOAD FOLDER button again.
Our Bulk Upload feature (aka batch uploading) is useful when you have lots of old client documents in folders on your desktop or in iCloud storage that you want to quickly move to TaxDome.
1. On your desktop, create a main folder, then create subfolders for each client using client IDs or account names as their names.
To find a client’s ID or account name, log on to TaxDome from your browser, then go to the Clients section. The ID is a unique combination of two letters and one number, such as JB1 or AN1.
Client account names appear in the NAME column. They are usually the name of a company or a client’s first and last name.
2. Place each document you need to upload in the proper client folder. You can create as many subfolders inside a client folder as needed. Go here to learn more about disallowed file types. The maximum upload size is 100 Mb for all file types.
3. Click on the + NEW button and select Bulk Upload.
4. Locate the main folder you created on your desktop. The TaxDome macOS application will select the client names automatically. You can change any client name if needed.
6. Click UPLOAD FILES to add your documents to TaxDome.
Right-Clicking to Send Documents to the TaxDome Application
To send documents to the TaxDome application from Finder or any other file manager, right-click the file and select Open with TaxDome. Then follow the uploading procedure described in Uploading Documents above.
Dragging-and-Dropping Files Using Finder
If you need to send multiple documents to the TaxDome application, you can drag-and-drop them from Finder or any other file manager. Then follow the uploading procedure described in Uploading Documents above.
Viewing Your Upload History
Not sure you’ve uploaded all the right files? View your upload history. Click the UPLOAD HISTORY link at the top of the TaxDome macOS application window to see the date, file name, client info, and uploading status. Click CLEAR HISTORY to delete the info (this will not delete your files).
Updating the Application
We regularly provide new versions of the TaxDome desktop application to release new features and fix bugs. We recommend upgrading to the latest version once it’s available.
You’ll always get a notification about the new version coming out along with news about what’s changed. Click the Install Update button to download and install the latest version.
Need to find out what version you are currently using? Click the three-dots icon on the top right and select About.