Adding Custom Integrations to Your Site (Calendly, Google, and More)
Want to add a scheduler, chat, analytics code, or another third-party service to your website? Please read our general instructions or follow the ones for specific services.
- Adding Custom Integrations to Your Site
- Adding Google Analytics
- Adding Google Conversion Tracking Tag
- Adding Google Maps
Adding Custom Integrations to Your Site
Now that you have mastered the basics, you are ready to make your site even more sophisticated: Add a scheduler, chat, or other services that support embedding. There are two ways to do this:
- Custom HTML Code: Add the block with the custom HTML code provided from the external service (such as Calendly or Acuity to add a calendar) to a specific page of your website.
Adding Custom HTML Code
1. Look for the embed options for the digital service you’d like to add to your site, then copy the embed code they provide. Here are the how-tos for some popular ones:
2. In our website builder, click on the Advanced button, select Custom HTML, click the pencil icon at the right, paste the code, then click Apply. That’s it!
2. In our website builder, click the down arrow to the right of the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, select Settings from the pull-down menu, then go to the Scripts tab.
3. Select the page where you want the code to appear in, paste the code according to the instructions provided by the external service, then click Apply. That’s it!
Adding Google Analytics
You may want to connect Google Analytics to your website for tracking purposes. Here’s how:
1. Find your Google Tracking ID which is a string like UA-000000-2 by clicking Admin in your Google Analytics account, then select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column, then select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column, then click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
2. Copy your Google Tracking ID, then click the gear icon in the top right corner of the Site section, click SEO, go to the Analytics tab, then paste the code under the Google Analytics Tracking ID. Click APPLY to save your changes.
Adding Google Conversion Tracking Tag
If you'd like to use Google Conversion Tracking Tag on your site, follow these steps:
1. Get your conversion tag from Google. See Google's article Set up conversion tracking for your website to find out more.
2. Once you've copied the conversion tag, in the TaxDome website builder, click the down arrow to the right of the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, select Settings from the pull-down menu, then go to the Scripts tab.
3. Select your conversion page at the left, paste the code to the Before field, then click Apply. Or, you can set it up on all pages if you want to. That’s it!
Adding Google Maps
If you'd like to add Google Maps to your site, follow these steps:
- Before you start using Google Maps on your site, you need to create an API key - an unique identifier that authenticates requests associated with your project for usage and billing purposes. Read more on how to get your API key in the Google Support Article.
- Once you've got the key, drag-n-drop the Map element to the preferred page of your site.
- Click this element to see its options in the right panel, then paste the key under API Key.