TaxDome Lite: Manual & Automatic Reminders
This page is for TaxDome Lite users only. If you use TaxDome Pro, please switch to this article.
Reminders notify clients when they haven’t completed an action item by a certain date. They keep your clients on point without you having to personally nudge them. Here, we show you how to set them up—and more.
- Reminding Clients About Unread Chat Messages
- Reminding Clients About Pending Signatures
- Reminding Clients About Pending Approvals
Whenever you send something with an action item to a client, they are notified. All users linked to the account—with NOTIFY toggled on—receive an email notification. Check which users are notified by going to the client account Info tab and viewing the NOTIFY toggles in the Contacts section.
When recipients take too much time to complete the action item—or forget to—you have two options:
Manual Reminders (or Resending)
To resend a notification, click the three dots to the far right of the item the client needs reminding about, then select Resend. You can even do this when automatic reminders have been turned on.
To resend a notification about a document pending approval, open the Approvals subtab, scroll down to the end of the pending documents, then click Request Approval for Pending in the bottom right.
Here’s what happens:
- An additional email message is sent to the client.
- A portal notification for this item will be moved to the top of the client’s to-dos.
- Info about the resend is added to the Audit Trail.
The automatic Reminders toggle can be turned on or disabled at any time by opening the pending message, document awaiting signature or document approval. You can also turn on automatic reminders when sending items manually.
When you toggle on automatic Reminders, choose how you want to configure them:
- Days until next reminder: By default, a reminder goes out three days after the notification for the action item was sent to the client, but you can change this to whatever you like.
- Number of reminders: By default, the client gets only one reminder email, but you can also change this to what you prefer.
Reminding Clients About Unread Chat Messages
Toggle on Reminders when you send a message.
Reminders can be turned onor disabled at any time by going to a chat thread. Note: Reminders are always for the last message in a thread.
Chat reminders stop when...
- ...the client has not responded to the message, but the set number of reminders has been sent.
- ...the client has responded to the last message in the thread.
- ...you archived the chat thread.
- ...you disabled Reminders.
Note: If you archive a chat thread but then reopen it, the Reminders option is toggled on as if the message were new.
Reminding Clients About Pending Signatures
Turn on Reminders when you request a signature for a document. The Reminders option can be turned on or off at any time by opening the document pending signature (even if it has been signed by a user). Don’t forget to click Save when you make changes to the reminder settings.
Signature reminders stop when...
- ...the client has not signed the document, but the set number of reminders has been sent.
- ...the client has signed the document.
Reminding Clients About Pending Approvals
Toggle on Reminders when you request a document approval.
Approval reminders stop when...
- ...the client has not approved the document, but the set number of reminders has been sent.
- ...the client has approved the document.
You can also manually send reminders for pending approvals:
- Go to Docs from the left sidebar menu, open the Approvals tab, then click Request Approval for Pending.
- Review and edit the message for the client (optional), then click Send Request.