TaxDome Lite (CRM): Portal Access, Notifications, Email Sync
This page is for TaxDome Lite users only. If you use TaxDome Pro, please switch to this article.
Whether you’re preparing tax returns for an individual, a family or a business, each entity needs its own account. An account, on the other hand, might have more than one user—or contact—linked to it (think: family members or business partners). Find out more about setting up login access to accounts, notifications and more.
- How to add multiple email addresses
- The LOGIN toggle, explained
- The NOTIFY toggle, explained
- Notifications for clients pending activation
- Removing user access from an account
- Changing an email address
- Switching to a different account on the client portal
How to Add Multiple Email Addresses¬
One contact might have several email addresses (personal, work, etc.). By default, each contact has one email address field, but you can manually create extra CRM fields or add them while you’re importing.
In the account profile, open the Info tab, then review the Contacts section. Here, you’ll see all the email addresses of contacts linked to the account. If you want to add email addresses that aren’t listed, either add another linked contact or add another email address to the contact that is already linked.
Follow these steps:
- Create custom CRM email fields to store the additional email addresses for new contacts.
- Update an existing contact to include an additional email address.
- Turn on the LOGIN and/or NOTIFY toggles for the email address if you need to (see the details below).
Note! If you change the email address before the invited person clicks the invitation link, it'll be deactivated for security reasons. A new invitation email will be sent to the updated email address.
The LOGIN Toggle, Explained
When you add an email address to an account, you can toggle on LOGIN to give the person the email belongs to portal access.
What this does:
- The user gets an invitation to the TaxDome client portal so that they access the account.
- All contacts linked to an account with LOGIN toggled on next to their email address can sign in.
Once you’ve added portal access to a contact’s email address, TaxDome sends the person an activation request by email. To activate the account, the person accepts the request and creates a password. The new user is then automatically linked to the account. Each user has their own login credentials for the account.
The NOTIFY Toggle, Explained
When NOTIFY is toggled on for an email address in the Contacts section, the person to whom the email belongs receives notifications. You can toggle on NOTIFY when adding portal access or a new email address to an account—or whenever you like.
That user will receive system notifications (either all or selected ones).
Decide which notifications the user should get by clicking the three dots to the far right of the email address, then selecting Notification Preferences.
What the toggles mean:
Documents: File upload
- Notifications about new firm-uploaded documents
Documents: Signature requests
- Requests for documents pending signature
- Reminders about documents pending signature
- Requests for documents pending approval
- Reminders about documents pending approval
- Notifications about new messages
- Notifications about new replies in chat threads
Notifications for clients pending activation
If you’ve toggled on LOGIN and NOTIFY for a contact linked to an account, but they haven’t yet activated their account, they’ll still receive TaxDome system notifications.
All system notifications will go to the contact’s email address and will include the Account activation banner at the top of the email until they have activated the account.
You can always resend an invitation.
Removing user access from an account
If someone no longer wants to have access to an account, go ahead and remove them. In the Info tab of the account profile, toggle off LOGIN to the right of the user’s email address. The account will remain intact; however, the user will no longer be able to access it.
Changing an email address
When a client’s email address changes, add their new email address as if they were an additional user.
Attention! Make sure not to immediately remove the obsolete email address.
Instead, follow these steps:
1. Update the client contact to include the new email address.
2. Add the new email address as described above.
3. Wait for the user to accept the invitation sent to the new email address, so that they don’t lose access to their account. Once the client has accepted the invite, delete their previous email address as described above.
Switching to a different account on the client portal
When logging in, users who have access to more than one account will see the pop-up for selecting the desired account and the notification with the account they logged in with on the top of the screen. The notification on the top can be closed until the next login by clicking X to the far right of it.
They can access the pop-up anytime later by clicking on the Switch account link at the bottom of the blue sidebar or to the right from the notification on the top.
How to set up accounts
This section was moved. See here.
Unlinked email addresses, explained
This section was moved. See here.