TaxDome Lite (CRM): Client Account Profiles
This page is for TaxDome Lite users only. If you use TaxDome Pro, please switch to this article.
TaxDome allows you to effortlessly maintain your clients’ personal information. At a quick glance, you can see everything you need to know about a client account on a single organized page, reducing your administrative time. Plus, you can easily edit client's personal info.
- Accessing Account Information
- Account & Contact Details
- Editing Clients’ Personal Details/Access Rights/Custom Fields
- How to Reset Client's Password
Accessing Account Information
To access a client’s profile, click on the search icon at the top of the left sidebar, then type the name of the client or part of their email in the search field.
You can also access an account by navigating to Clients from the left sidebar and then clicking on the client’s name in the list.
You’ll always know whose client profile you are in because you’ll see their photo and account name on the left side of the menu bar.
Inside the Overview tab, you’ll find everything you need to know about the client account on a single organized page.
Here, you’ll be able to see all of this (with the option to View all to see even more):
- Documents: five latest documents the client uploaded. All unseen documents automatically get a NEW tag, so that you can always see which ones you haven’t viewed yet.
- Communication: the latest messages sent to the client and who responded and when
- Approvals: the latest documents requiring the client’s approval and signature
- Signatures: the documents sent to the client to be signed and the ones that still require signing
- Login Activity: when the client last logged in
- Notes: five latest notes saved for the client
Account & Contacts Details
Every client account on TaxDome should be linked to one or more contacts. Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself, while other information refers to its contacts.
On the Info tab of the client's profile, you can access and edit both info on the account and its linked contacts.
Account Details Section
Account Details section is where you can review and edit account data: account name, type, photo, tags applied, etc.
Below, see the detailed descriptions for each numbered field:
1. Account Name. Accounts are the entities you work for and bill. They could be set up manually or generated automatically. More on account names.
2. Account profile photo. The photo uploaded to the profile either by the client or by firm.
3. Account Type. There are two account types on TaxDome: Individual and Company. The difference is that for the Company type of account, you have additional fields in the account profile: company name and company address.
4. Tags. Used to categorize accounts. More on tags.
5. Account custom fields. If you have created and filled out custom fields for the account, they’re displayed here. More on custom CRM fields.
The Contacts section is where you can review and edit data on contacts (emails) linked to the current account: manage portal access, notification, email sync, signature settings. You can also unlink and link contacts. To edit the contact's email or any other data, click the name of the contact in the list.
Below, see the descriptions for each numbered field:
1. Linked contact. The names of all contacts are displayed in the alphabetical order.
2. LOGIN. You can give portal access for each email address added to a contact. If the user has been already invited to use the client portal, but hasn't accepted the invitation, you can send it once again by clicking the 8. Send invitation link.
3. NOTIFY. For each email address added to a contact, you can decide if they will receive notifications on system events (e.g., a new message, or organizer sent). For each email, you can tweak the notification types by clicking the 9. Notification Preferences link.
5. Unlink. If you don't want the contact to be linked to the account, you can unlink it. Note that each account should have at least one contact linked, so you won't be able to unlink the last one.
6. Description of the linked contact. The description could be entered by clicking the 4. Edit description link. It is valid for the current account only, so if a contact is linked to several accounts, the descriptions could be different for each account (e.g., primary contact for the family account and CEO for the business account)
7. Additional email address. Other email addresses for the contact can be added as a contact custom field. All email contact fields are displayed here.
10. Signer priority. This option is used with signature templates. It determines the default order of signers. How to set up signer priority.
Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself while other information refers to its contacts:
- The name for the client account (i.e., the name of the business, organization, or individual), photos are stored within their account.
- A client’s personal details—such as email address, phone number, street address—are stored within their contact. To change this info, you have to editing the contact.
- For each email address added to a contact, you can give the person the email belongs to portal access, turn on email sync, and sign them up for notifications. More on turning on the toggles.
- There are custom CRM fields in your accounts that are different from the custom CRM fields in your contacts. For instance, if you work with different organizations, you may want to store addresses and other details about them inside their account.
Editing a Client’s Personal Details/Access Rights/Custom Fields
To edit an account’s details, navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile, then click Edit to the right of Account Details.
From here you can:
- Change the account type
- Change the account name
- Assign/delete tags to the account
- Edit company address
- Fill out the account custom fields
- Edit contacts associated with an account: link and unlink contacts, add new ones, edit contact details, change portal access, notifications, and sync options for contact emails