TaxDome MacOS Application
By Anastasia Giles
updated 3 months ago
Our macOS application allows you to upload prepared forms and private client files directly from your desktop onto TaxDome. Once you’ve launched it and signed in, you can print your documents to TaxDome, drag-and-drop them from the desktop into the application, or select whole folders to upload many files at once.
- Downloading and Installing the Application
- Launching and Signing in
- Printing to the TaxDome From any MacOS Application
- Uploading Client Documents
- Uploading Whole Folders
- Bulk Upload
- Right-Clicking to Send to the TaxDome Application
- Dragging-and-Dropping Files Using Finder
- Viewing Your Upload History
Downloading and Installing the Application
To download TaxDome macOS desktop application to your computer, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings, click the Download Mac App button in the Download Apps section.
2. Save the application dmg file to the desired folder, e.g., Downloads.
3. Double-click on the application dmg file to begin the installation. Drag-and-drop the TaxDome icon to the Applications folder.
Launching and Signing in
Once the TaxDome macOS app has been installed, you’ll be able to start it directly from the Applications folder:
1. Double-click on the Applications folder and scroll down to find the TaxDome macOS application.
2. Select the TaxDome app and double-click on the TaxDome icon on the right.
3. This step verifies whether you downloaded the program from a trusted source. Click the Open button.
To work in the TaxDome macOS application, you’ll need to sign in to your TaxDome account first.
1. Enter your firm’s TaxDome URL, email address, and TaxDome password.
2. Decide how long you would like to stay signed in. The default setting is eight hours, but you can decrease your session to 30 minutes or to four hours.
3. Click the LOGIN button.
Please note: You will not be able to use the TaxDome macOS application until you have registered on TaxDome. If you need help creating an account, go to our Firm Registration page.
Printing to the TaxDome From any MacOS Application
To be able to print directly to the TaxDome macOS application from any program on your computer, you will need to install our TaxDome printer driver. Click on the YES button.
You will be guided through the steps necessary to install the TaxDome printer driver in the installer program.
Once it is installed, select File, go to Print in the application of your choice, select TaxDome as the printer, and then click Print.
The TaxDome application will be launched, and the document will be added to it. For more on in-app uploading, see Uploading Client Documents below.
Uploading Client Documents
Uploading documents with the TaxDome macOS application is straightforward. And we’ve made it especially convenient to upload a lot of docs from multiple clients at once.
There are three options for uploading documents to the TaxDome macOS application using the + NEW button:
2. Wait for the file(s) to upload, then select the client name for each from the list. You can also use the quick search to find a client by first or last name.
5. Select the folder where you wish to upload the document. By default, the documents are saved to the main folder for the selected year. Click Change to select another folder. To create a new folder, click the blue folder icon, enter the folder name, then click the green checkmark to the right. Click Choose.
8. When uploading to Public, you can turn on Lock this document to an unpaid bill to ensure you get paid for the work. When this option is turned on, the document will be visible to the client account but not available to download until the linked bill has been paid. Once paid, the document is automatically unlocked. From the list, select the bill you wish to lock the document to, or click CREATE NEW BILL to create a new one, then сlick CHOOSE.
9. When uploading to Public, you can also request the client to let you know whether they are satisfied with your work or desire any adjustments. If you would like to use this feature, enable the Request client account approval? toggle by clicking it on.
10. Add a text description of up to 150 characters. While this is optional, it can be helpful to the client; it will give them an idea of what the document contains.
11. If you want to upload more files, add the files as described above, then repeat steps 2 through 9.
12. Click on the UPLOAD FILES button. You will be able to see the uploading progress. Once the files have completed loading, they will be available in the Docs tab of the client's profile.
Uploading Whole Folders
To make things go quick, the TaxDome macOS application lets you upload entire folders containing multiple client files. To add a folder, click the NEW button, select Folder Upload, then choose the desired folder. Proceed as described above. The result is the same as if you had uploaded each file inside the folder individually—but way faster.
Please note the following about uploading folders:
TaxDome processes all files found in your selected folder as well as in all subfolders.
Only accepted file types are kept. (To find out more about TaxDome’s recognized file types, see our Accepted File Types page.)
You will get to provide details for each file in your folder and subfolders.
Your folder structure is not maintained when using the folder upload function. You will need to create folders on TaxDome to organize your files. Or you can use Bulk Upload to maintain your previous folder structure.
You can’t select several folders at once. If you need to upload files from several different folders, use the UPLOAD FOLDER button again.
4. Locate the parent folder you’ve created. The TaxDome macOS application will select the client names automatically. However, you can change any client name if needed.
5. Select Destination:
6. Select the year for the document. If the client already had documents uploaded for that specific year, you will see it in the list. Otherwise, click the Add Year link and enter the required year, then hit the return key. You can also select Unsorted option if you want to sort the documents later.
7. Click UPLOAD FILES to add your documents to TaxDome.
Right-Clicking to Send to the TaxDome Application
To send documents to the TaxDome application from Finder or any other file manager, right-click the file and select Open with TaxDome. Then follow the uploading procedure described in Uploading Client Documents above.
Dragging-and-Dropping Files Using Finder
If you need to send multiple documents to the TaxDome application, you can drag-and-drop them from Finder or any other file manager. Then follow the uploading procedure described in Uploading Client Documents above.
Viewing Your Upload History
Not sure you’ve uploaded all necessary files? Well, you can view your upload history. Click the UPLOAD HISTORY link at the top of the TaxDome macOS application window to be able to see the date, file name, client info, year, and uploading status. Click CLEAR HISTORY to delete the info. (This will not lead to the deletion of your files.)