Managing Secure Messages
By Mary Cooper
updated 15 days ago
Timely responses to messages can be very useful in building a good relationship with your customers. Learn how to manage your messages at TaxDome, including how to view, edit, delete, sort, filter, resolve, and reopen your messages.
This article focuses on your actions with already existing messages. If you want to find out how to create messages, go here.
- Responding to a Message
- Setting Up a Reminder
- Managing Messages
- How to See Which Accounts Have Open/Unread Messages
- Editing a Message
- Deleting a Message
- Resolving a Message Thread
- Reopening a Message Thread
Responding to a Message
Once your client account has responded to your message or created a new one, you will get a notification in your Inbox+. Click Go to... link to view and respond to it.
You can also view and reply to the client's message by going to Messages tab of account's profile. Click on the eye icon next to the message.
Here you can:
- Communicate with the client by typing in the message field.
- View or download client uploaded files
- View, download or delete firm uploaded files
- Add more files.
To access and manage the messages related to an account, go to Clients, click on the client account in the list, then click the Messages tab. All messages are divided into In Progress and Resolved. The messages marked as In Progress are the ones that still require the information from the account. The messages that were not viewed by the client are marked as New.
The following information is available on the Messages tab:
- TITLE – The message's title.
- DATE CREATED – The date the message was added.
- CREATOR – The name of the user that created the message.
- LAST RESPONSE – The date/time of the last response to the message and the author of the response.
You can also see in the account list whether the client account has any unread or pending messages. Simply click the Unread or In Progress icons to jump to the Messages tab of the selected client account.
Sometimes, it's handy to sort the messages list in order to easily find what you’re looking for. You can sort the list by date created or last response. Click on the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list.
How to See Which Accounts Have Open or Unread Messages
You can filter your account list to see which accounts have open questions and which ones haven't read their messages yet. To do so:
- Go to Clients, then click on the FILTER button
- Select In Progress in the Messages section, then click on APPLY.
You will see the list of all pending messages as well as the messages that are still unread by a client account.
Editing a Message
To edit the message, click on the three dots icon icon, then click on Edit. You can change the title, description, or year and upload more files or delete existing ones.
If the account has answered to a message created by you or if you have answered to a message created by the account, you cannot edit it. You can only reply in the thread and mark it as resolved.
Deleting a Message
If the account has answered to a message created by you or if you have answered to a message created by the account, you cannot edit it. You can only reply in the thread and mark it as resolved. To remove an unanswered message from the system:
1. Click on the three dots icon, then click on Delete.
2. Click the YES, DELETE button in the Message Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Resolving a Message Thread
Once you have received all of the necessary information from the client account, you can mark the message as resolved (close the ticket). To do so:
- While viewing the message, click on the Archive link OR
- While viewing the messages list, click the three dots icon icon, then click on Resolve, and click on YES in the Message Manual Resolve pop-up.
Once the message is resolved, it is moved from the Pending to the Resolved tab.
Reopening a Message Thread
If you have resolved the message thread but later discovered that not all of the necessary information was provided or if you resolved the message thread by mistake, you can reopen it.
- Go to the Messages section, then to the Resolved tab.
- Click on the eye icon to view the message thread.
- Click the Reopen link.