Managing Information Requests
By Mary Cooper
updated about 1 month ago
Timely responses to information requests can be very useful in building a good relationship with your customers. Learn how to manage your information requests at TaxDome, including how to view, edit, delete, sort, filter, resolve, and reopen your requests.
- Managing Information Requests
- How to See Which Clients Have Open/Unread Requests
- Sorting the Requests List
- Editing a Request
- Deleting a Request
- Viewing a Request
- Downloading a Document
- Resolving a Request
- Reopening a Request
Managing Information Requests
To access and manage the information requests related to a client, go to Clients, click on the client's name in the list, then click the Requests tab. All requests are divided into In Progress and Resolved. The requests marked as In Progress are the ones that still require the information from the client.
The following information is available on the Requests tab:
- Number – The number of the request in the system.
- Title – The info request's title.
- Year – The year to which the request pertrates.
- Date created – The date the request was added.
- Requester – The name of the team member that created the request.
- Last response – The date/time of the last response to the request.
- Responded by – The author of the last response.
You can also see in the client's list whether the client has any unread or pending requests. Simply click the Unread or In Progress icons to jump to the Requests tab of the selected client.
How to See Which Clients Have Open or Unread Requests
You can filter your client list to see which clients have open questions and which ones haven't read their requests yet. To do so:
- Go to Clients, then click on the FILTER button
- Select In Progress in the Requests section, then click on APPLY.
You will see the list of all pending requests as well as the requests that are still unread by a client.
Sorting the Requests List
Sometimes, it's handy to sort the requests list in order to easily find what you’re looking for. You can sort the list by year, date created, or last response. Click on the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list.
Editing a Request
To edit the request, click on the ellipsis icon, then click on Edit. You can change the title, description, or year and upload more files or delete existing ones.
You cannot edit an information request after the client has responded to it. You can only reply to it and mark it as resolved.
Deleting a Request
You can delete an information request only while the client has not responded to it yet. Once they have responded, you can only reply to it and mark it as resolved.
To remove an unanswered request from the system:
1. Click on the ellipsis icon, then click on Delete.
2. Click the YES, DELETE button in the Info Request Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Viewing a Request
To view the client’s response and answer the request, click on the eye icon. Here you can:
- Communicate with the client by typing in the message field. Click on the SEND button to save your message.
- View or download client uploaded files
- View, download or delete firm uploaded files
- Add more files.
Downloading a Document
You can download any files that have been uploaded by the firm or by the client in response to the information request.
To download a file to your computer or device,
1. Click on Firm Uploaded Files or Client Uploaded Files to expand the file list, then click on the download icon.
2. If prompted, choose where you would like to save the file, then click on SAVE.
3. When the download is complete, you will usually see it appear at the bottom of your browser window. Click on the file's name to open the downloaded document (please see How to specify where files are downloaded).
Resolving a Request
Once you have received all of the necessary information from the client, you can mark the request as resolved. To do so:
- While viewing the request, click on the This Info Request is Resolved button.
- While viewing the requests list, click the ellipsis icon, then click on Resolve, and click on YES in the Info Request Manual Resolve pop-up.
Once the request is resolved, it is moved from the Pending to the Resolved tab.
Reopening a Request
If you have resolved the request but later discovered that not all of the necessary information was provided or if you resolved the request by mistake, you can reopen it.
- Go to the Requests section, then to the Resolved tab.
- Click on the eye icon to view the request.
- Click on REOPEN.