How to Handle HEIC Files in TaxDome
HEIC (High Efficiency Image Container) is a file format for images introduced by Apple; its aim is to preserve maximum image quality while taking up as little storage space as possible. However, Windows does not always support it.
You can upload an HEIC to TaxDome, but in order to open it, it must be download. You cannot actually view an HEIC in TaxDome: If you want to be able to, first convert it to a PNG, JPEG, or other image format before uploading it.
How to Convert an HEIC to Upload to TaxDome
If you want clients and team members to view an HEIC file on TaxDome, you’ll first need to convert it to a JPEG, PNG, or other format before you upload it. Use any file converter to do so. Below, we give you instructions on how to use the free online HEIC Image Viewer Decoder.
1. Click Choose File to select a file from your computer or drag-and-drop it where indicated.
2. Customize the image size, rotate, and flip it if needed.
3. When you’re done making your settings selections, choose the file type, then click Save.
5. Now, the file is ready to be uploaded to TaxDome.
How to Download HEIC From TaxDome
If a client or a team member uploaded an HEIC file to TaxDome, you’ll need to download it to your desktop, then open it with your image viewer.
1. Select the HEIC you want to download, then click Download in the menu bar.
2. When prompted, choose the location you want to save the file to, then click Save.
3. When the download finishes, click on the file name of the downloaded document to open it (for more details on specifying where files are downloaded, go here). Image viewers supporting HEIC: Microsoft Photos App for Windows 10, XnView, and CopyTrans HEIC.