Your First Week With TaxDome
By Mary Cooper
updated about 11 hours ago
Welcome to TaxDome! This article will guide you through the quickest way of getting your practice up and running on TaxDome. It covers all the fundamentals, so that you can start using TaxDome right away.
- Using the Onboarding Banner
- Uploading Your Photo
- Setting Up Company Details
- Inviting Coworkers
- Importing Clients
- Syncing Your Email
- Setting Up Credit Card Processing
Using the Onboarding Banner
Once you’ve registered and logged in for the first time, you’ll see a blue onboarding banner at the top of the page. It’s there to help you quickly get started. Click the SHOW ME button to begin.
A pop-up screen will then appear, listing the next six simple steps, all covered here. You can perform these steps in the order they appear or in any order you’d like. Your progress will be shown on the pop-up as well as on the banner at top.
Uploading Your Photo
Your photo appears in the footer of any email you send from TaxDome. Until you upload one, the footer will show an an anonymous silhouette, so you may want to get started with that. It’s a nice way to immediately personalize your TaxDome.
- Click Upload your photo on the onboarding pop-up.
- On the next pop-up screen, click the edit icon in the upper-right corner, then click Upload Photo to add a picture of yourself.
- Locate the image you would like to use, then crop it for fit.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
Setting Up Company Details
Once you fill in information about your firm, clients will be able to see it in their dashboard. We ask you to fill this information during a firm registration. However, you may update of change your firm info if you need to.
- Click Set up company details on the onboarding pop-up.
- Type in the details, such as your firm’s email, street address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number, and website (if available).
- Click SAVE.
Are you working by yourself or with a team? You can add coworkers to TaxDome. Once you have, you’ll be able to assign clients and tasks to them, explore revenue metrics, and much more.
1. Click Invite coworkers link on the onboarding pop-up.
2. Click ADD TEAM MEMBER.
3. Enter the team member’s personal details: first name, middle name, last name, and email.
4. Grant the team member access to their new account. This setting may be modified at any time.
5. Click SEND INVITE.
Once your team member’s account has been created, TaxDome will send them an activation request by email. They will need to accept this request and create a password in order to activate their account.
Once their account has been activated, your team member will be able to access their account by going to your firm’s TaxDome URL and entering their email address and password.
Having all the pertinent info you need about your clients available in TaxDome helps to easily manage them. There are several ways to add clients to TaxDome, however importing is the fastest one.
1. Click Import clients on the onboarding pop-up.
2. Click the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE button, then save the newly downloaded Excel file to your computer (please see How to Specify Where Files Are Downloaded).3. Open the Excel file and enter your clients’ details (see example below), then save the file. If a client doesn’t have an email you can leave that field blank.
4. By default, we send automatic invites to each user you're adding to TaxDome. You can add a personalized message to the invite-letter template by typing in a box below. Or, if you'd prefer to send email invites later, you can clear the Send email invites after import checkbox.
5. Click SELECT THE POPULATED EXCEL FILE, upload the file, then click Next.
6. Check the results page. If any sending errors occurred, you’ll see them on the Clients Failed to Import list. Click on the arrow to explore the details.
7. Click on Finish Import. The clients are now added to the All Clients list.
Syncing Your Email
Syncing your email will allow you to see and reply to all client email right on TaxDome. Start by clicking Sync your email on the onboarding pop-up, enter your email address to sync, then follow the instructions to connect your email to TaxDome.
Read more on specific email provider sync options in our help article How to Sync Your Email with TaxDome.
Setting Up Credit Card Processing
Connect to Stripe so that you can securely accept credit card payments through your TaxDome account.
1. Click Set up credit card processing on the onboarding pop-up, then click Connect with Stripe.
2. Click the Sign in link at the top right of the page, then enter your Stripe login credentials.
If you don’t have a Stripe account yet, see our instructions on how to sign up.
3. Authorize TaxDome to access your account by clicking the Connect my Stripe account button.
Your TaxDome account will be connected with Stripe and payment processing enabled.