TaxDome Subscription - AU/NZ (Basic): Everything You Need to Know
Find out everything you need to know about TaxDome subscriptions: pricing plan, monthlies for seasonal staff, renewals, transfers to other team members, changes in billing information—and more.
- Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
- One-Year and Multi-Year TaxDome Subscriptions
- How Subscription Cost Is Calculated
- Adding a Team Member in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
- Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
- Upgrading from a 1-Year or 2-Year Subscription to a Longer One
- Transferring a Subscription from One Team Member to Another
- Subscription Renewal
- Reviewing Your Subscription
Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
Your two-week trial period starts the day you create your firm’s TaxDome account. Once you’ve begun, you’ll be able to use all of the features included in the plan you selected.
Once the trial period ends, you’ll need to purchase an annual subscription, also called a license, in order to continue using TaxDome. As a firm owner, you cannot buy a monthly subscription.
However, when you use TaxDome Pro, your team members can be on either an annual or monthly subscription plan. The only difference between annual and monthly is the price. Monthly subscriptions are especially useful when you have temporary or seasonal staff or you’re not ready to buy annual subscriptions for all of your team members.
Here is more information on pricing.
To purchase a TaxDome subscription:
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, then click Pay or change plan in the upper right.
2. Select your pricing plan, then review it. As a firm owner, you need at least one annual subscription, or license, to use TaxDome.
If you choose TaxDome Pro, you'll have the option of selecting the 1-year, 2-year or 3-year license. If you also add team members during your trial, you’ll be offered to buy subscriptions for them, too.
- If you don’t need subscriptions for some of your team members, clear the checkboxes next to their names. You can return to the Teams & Plans tab to purchase subscriptions for them later.
- Decide on the best license period for each team member. Remember that multi-year options for the team members will be available only if you choose a multi-year plan for the firm owner.
4. Review your plan, click Next, then enter your credit card information and click on the Submit payment button.
One-Year and Multi-Year TaxDome Pro Subscriptions
TaxDome Pro comes with 3-year, 2-year, and 1-year licenses .
You can purchase a license for 3 years at a price of 720 AU$ per year and save 25% as compared to a 1-year subscription. By purchasing a 3-year license, you lock in your existing rate for three years.
Also, you can buy a license for 2 years at a price of 840 AU$ and save 14%.
How Your Subscription Cost Is Calculated
The date when your trial ends (sign-up date + two weeks) is your renewal date. Regardless of when you add a user to your account, the renewal date stays the same.
If you decide to upgrade before the end of the trial period, your credit card will be charged only on your renewal date. You will still get a free two-week trial if you purchase a subscription before your trial period ends. There’s no chance of losing any free days!
Your annual subscription is valid for 365 days.
Adding a User in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
The annual subscription cost for a new user is based on the number of days remaining until your renewal date.
For example, if you are adding a team member to your account 60 days after your renewal date, it will cost 720 AU$ * [(365 − 60) ÷ 365] = $601. The annual subscription for all users ends on your original renewal date, no matter when you purchased annual subscriptions for your team members.
- How to add a subscription for a new team member
- How to add a subscription for a team member who had been deactivated
Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
The expiration date of a monthly subscription is displayed in the RENEWAL/EXPIRES column to the right of the user’s name. You can upgrade a monthly subscription to an annual one at any time and save on cost.
The annual subscription price for a user with an active monthly subscription is based on the number of days remaining in the paid month and the number of days remaining before your subscription-renewal date.
For example, if you are upgrading a team member 22 days before their monthly subscription ends and 357 days before your annual subscription ends, it will cost 720 AU$ × (357.873 ÷ 365) − 100 × (22.366 ÷ 30) = 705.94 − 74.55 = 780.49.
The upgrade cancels the monthly license, and the user is added to the firm’s annual subscription.
Since the monthly subscription is user-based, you can choose to upgrade all of your team members who have monthly subscriptions or only some of them.
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, and click on Upgrade team licenses.
2. Select the 1-year or multi-year license for your employee. If you have available annual subscriptions, you can apply them by selecting the USE FREE LICENSES checkbox.
3. Review the subtotal, click Upgrade, then Confirm and pay.
Note! Your team can be on different duration cycles than the firm owner, but cannot have a license that expires after the firm owner.
Upgrading from a 1-Year or 2-Year Subscription to a Longer One
This section is for TaxDome Pro! users only. Upgrade anytime.
You can upgrade your 1-year subscription to a 2-year or a 3-year plan and save on cost. You can also upgrade from a 2-year subscription to a 3-year one.
Since the subscription automatically renews with a 1-year license, we recommend you upgrade to the multi-year plan before your renewal date. However, if your license has already been automatically renewed at the price of 960 AU$ for 1 year, and you wish to save by upgrading to a 2- or 3-year plan, you can still do so within 30 days of your renewal.
The multiyear subscription price is based on the number of days remaining before your subscription-renewal date. For example, if you are upgrading to a 3-year plan 10 days after your subscription has been automatically renewed for a 1-year license, it will cost 720 AU$ * 3 - 960 AU$ * [(365 − 10) ÷ 365] = 2160 - 933.69 = 1226.31 AU$.
To upgrade to multi-year subscription, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, then click on Upgrade plan.
2. Select the 2-year or 3-year license, repeat for all team members (optional), then click Continue.
3. Review your subtotal and click on the Continue button, then Confirm and pay.
Transferring a Subscription From One Team Member to Another
If your team members have changed in the middle of a subscription cycle, there’s no need to buy additional licenses for the new people.
- Deactivate a team member who is no longer at your firm to free up a license.
- Add a new team member to your account and use an available annual or monthly license for them.
Note: Available annual and monthly licenses can also be used when you’re restoring team members who might have been previously deactivated.
Reviewing Your Subscription
All information regarding your annual subscription is available in your Settings in the Team & Plans tab. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Your Plan: your selected pricing plan.
- Available licenses: Once you’ve deactivated a team member, their subscription (whether annual or monthly) becomes available to any team member you add.
- Renewal date: the day your trial or annual subscription ends.
- Active members: the number of team members currently active on your firm’s TaxDome account.